Apply until 3 April 2022
and send docutment by contacting the program through email email@example.com
DDCT Industry-Academic Scholarships Round 2 for Digital Arts and Sciences of King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi is a scholarship managed by the executives of the DDCT program. It aims to grant exceptional students whose interests are focused on entering the Digital Design, Animation &VFX, Game Engineering, and Interactive Simulation industries. Since the very beginning, DDCT’s primary objective has always been meeting the needs of the industrial sector through providing experienced coaching and collaborations with DigiPen Institute of Technology. Therefore, the program requires experienced personnel in the industry and limiting the number of students per classroom to offer the best possible quality of teaching. As a result, the tuition fee is higher than most programs causing high potential students to slant away from accepting their position at DDCT.
Additionally, through the COVID-19 pandemic, many families experience financial problems causing windows of opportunities for students to disappear. This scholarship seeks to help exceptional students study at DDCT and continue to produce quality graduates that meet the needs of the industry.
Scholarships On Offer
Digital Design Program (DD)
Each major will offer three scholarships resulting in six (6) scholarships total.
- Animation and Visual Effects (AV) - three (3) scholarships
- Game Design and Production (GDP) - three (3) scholarships
A number of 1 (one) 50% scholarship - the student will be exempt 50% from class credits and university fees per semester.
A number of 2 (two) 25% scholarship - students will be exempt 25% from class credits and university fees per semester.
Creative Technology Program (CT)
Each major will offer fifteen (15) scholarships resulting in thirty (30) scholarships total.
- Game Engineering (GE)- fifteen (15) scholarships
- Interactive Simulation(IS) - fifteen (15) scholarships
A number of 5 (five) 50% scholarships - the student will be exempt 50% from class credits and university fees per semester.
A number of 10 (ten) 25% scholarship - students will be exempt 25% from class credits and university fees per semester.
Unencumbered scholarship upon graduation
After completing the registration fee payment period for each semester
1.Graduated from high school (or equivalent) in Thailand or overseas; or studying in their last academic year and/or completing their studies before the end of 2021
Digital Design (DD)
Any study program - GPAX not lower than 2.50
Creative Technology (CT)
Only Science-Mathematics or Mathematics-Languages - GPAX not lower than 2.75
2.Possess a qualified English Proficiency Score and portfolio required for the program (Check www.dd-ct.kmutt.ac.th/admission)
3.Pass written exams - Online or On-site (will be confirmed at a later notice)
Digital Design (DD)
Art and Design Exam : 10th April 2022 - 9.00-11.00
English Oral Exam : 24th April 2022 - 9.30 - 16.00
Creative Technology (CT)
Mathematics Exam : 10th April 2022 - 9.00-10.30
Programming Logic Exam : 10th April 2022 - 11.00 - 12.30
English Oral Exam : 24th April 2022- 9.30 - 16.00
4. Have not received other scholarship (except the decision is agreed upon by the committee)
Recent 1-inch photograph
A copy of the citizen ID for a Thai applicant or a copy of the passport (for an international applicant).
A copy of house registration (for Thai applicants only).
A copy of an official transcript of high school education (or its equivalent.)
A confirmation letter from the applicant’s school for an applicant who is currently studying in his last semester.
Copies of standard test reports as required by the specific application type such as: – Original score report of English proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS / TU-GET / CU-TEP ) (More information www.dd-ct.kmutt.ac.th/admission)
Statement of purpose (specifically for CT)
Portfolio (More information www.dd-ct.kmutt.ac.th/admission)
2. Submit an online application APPLY HERE
Selection of Eligible Candidates
1. The candidate has submitted all required documents, completed the online application, and provided pertinent information.
2. Candidates are selected based on their exam scores. The decision of the committee shall be absolute and final.
3. The announcement of the successful candidates for the interview will be posted on the 6th April 2022, and the announcement of successful scholarship grantee will be released on the 27th April 2022 on www.dd-ct.kmutt.ac.th and on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ddctprogram
Condition on maintaining Scholarship Status
1. The successful scholarship grantee must complete their clearing house process on TCAS round 2 ,
pay to confirm the right to study in the program and register courses every semester.
2. The successful scholarship will receive a scholarship in the form of class credits and university fees in proportion to the scholarship received.
3. The successful scholarship must be students who have completed a four-year course at King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi and have completed course registration and payment of tuition fees in full each semester within the time period. And submitted the documents to The DDCT program within 1 week after the completion of the registration fee payment period of each semester.
By bringing the documents to the DDCT program, building 4, 8th floor, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi as follows:
1) Form 18 (For CT students only)
2) Copy of bank account
3) Copy of ID card with signature certifying true copy
4) Receipt of payment of tuition fees
4.When The successful scholarship have submitted documents as specified in No.3 and The DDCT Program has already checked, The DDCT Program will proceed to transfer money to the student's account according to the conditions and proportion of the scholarship received.
9. Conditions to maintain status
1. The successful scholarship grantee will receive the scholarship for eight consecutive semesters if they can maintain their GPA.
2. The successful scholarship must graduate within four academic years and cannot take a leave of absence or suspend their studies. If the student withdraws or has decided to suspend their scholarship in any capacity, the student will need to return the complete scholarship fee to the program. However, in light of unforeseen reasons, the student can be approved by the appointed committee regarding their position and condition.
3. In the case of cancellation of scholarships to support education. The successful scholarship must return all funds received.
4. Successful scholarship grantee
1) Year 1
Will receive their first year of scholarship even through receiving an accumulated GPA less than 3.0. However, the scholarship grantee can not have an “F,” “U,” or “W,” or their scholarship will be forfeited.
2) Year 2,3 and 4
a. For 50% Scholarship - scholarship grantees will need to maintain their semester GPA of no lesser than 2.9
b. For 25% Scholarship - scholarship grantees will need to maintain their semester GPA of no lesser than 2.8
3) For all Scholarship Grantees, total GPAX must not be lower than 2.75 across all semesters, including the summer period, should the student register (No scholarship is offered during summer semesters).
5. All Scholarship Grantees must never be given “F” or “U” across all their years of studies; otherwise, the scholarships will be forfeited in the following semester.
6. All Scholarship Grantee will be responsible for all payment that is not according to the program structure.
7. Withdrawal or obtaining “W” in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year that is caused not by the management of the program must be approved by the program advisor, and the scholarship grantee must write a formal request within the first two weeks of the start of the academic semester and within the first week of the summer semester. Otherwise, the scholarship will be forfeited in the following semester.
8. Resignation, suspension, or termination of the Scholarship Grantee will not be possible unless there is a medical certificate or a court order explaining the inability to use body or the mind, the incompetency or semi-incompetent to study, severe illness or death to continue pursuing their studies. If these conditions are not met, the Scholarship Grantee shall reimburse the program twice the total amount of the capital they will receive within 60 days from the date the scholarship grantee ends their student status at the university.
9. Suppose the scholarship grantee did not follow the Operation Agreement (OA) that all students signed or the scholarship grantee has severely violated the student code of conduct. In that case, the program committee has the right to forfeit the scholarship immediately and claim the breach of contract. The Scholarship Grantee shall reimburse the program the total amount of the capital they will receive within 60 days from the date the scholarship grantee ends their student status at the university.
10. In the case of academic activities, public relations, collaborations, or program events with external parties, the program committee will ask the Scholarship Grantee to attend:
For 50% Scholarship - minimum of 16 hours per semester
For 25% Scholarship - minimum of 8 hours per semester
11. The successful scholarship will be awarded an ongoing scholarship for 8 regular semesters. If the recipient is able to maintain their GPA They must be continuously enrolled in the course and meet all level requirements within 5 academic years. Suspension of study in any semester is not permitted in the event of a scholarship cancellation. The scholarship recipient must pay all the funds received except in the event of force majeure The successful scholarship must be approved by a complaints committee appointed by the course administration committee.